Thursday, June 30, 2011

GOTCHA DAY

Today is our GOTCHA day. Slava was able to pick up Sam from the orphanage. He brought cakes and other goodies to the kids as a final party (kids called it sweet table). All of Sam's friends were able to say goodbye to him and Slava was able to record it on our video camera. What a great gift it will be for Sam when he grows up. Alec has been sick for a about a week with stomach problems. He was supposed to come with Slava to Izmail to pick up Sam. Unfortunately, he had to stay behind with our friends Borya and Lilya in their house. Slava and Sam will be in Odessa on Friday night. They get to spend a few more days in Odessa and then to Kiev. I am still hoping that will be able to come home as planned on the 8th.
Meanwhile, here in America, my mom and I went shopping for a bed and mattress for Sam's new room. Since there are so many different choices, I am trying to explore them. It will be soon, that I will need to make a decision about what kind of bed to get. More tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment