Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

This post is written by Svetlana.

Slava and the boys are in the final stretch of their long journey. Slava, Alec and Sam have been in Odessa the last couple of days. It got very cold there, so going to the beach was out of the question. Instead, they went fishing with our friend Boris, went to the movies (the movie is in Ukrainian language, Alec doesn't understand it) and museums, and just walked around the center of the city. Alec and Sam have been getting along fine, with occasional sibling rivalry. Today, all three of them will take the overnight train from Odessa to Kiev (train leaves at 11 PM and arrives at 7:30 AM). Wednesday will be a busy day for them. I hope that the passport will arrive in time so they can leave on Friday morning as scheduled. I have been talking to them thru Skype every day. On the home front, Sam's new room is finally coming together. My parents have been helping me with organizing and cleaning the house for Sam's arrival. I designed and put together a closet system for Sam (thanks Container Store). I will write more once I hear from Slava.

No comments:

Post a Comment