We haven't posted for a while since every day has been kind of same. Today was our court date. S officially became our son. Now I can reveal that his new name will be Samuel Isaac (his old name was Stanislav or Stas). Our court meeting wasn't very long or complicated, it really helped that we spoke Russian. In 11 days, we will be able to pick up Sam from the orphanage forever. After court, all of us (including my parents) traveled back to Odessa by bus. I will travel to Kiev with my parents on Thursday afternoon, since our flight leaves on Friday morning. I should be back in Atlanta on late Friday afternoon. In the meantime, Slava and Alec will stay in Odessa for the duration of the waiting period. On July 1, Slava will travel to Izmail with our facilitator Luda and will be able to pick up Sam. I will post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to download pictures from i-phone.
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteFYI. Can you just email the pictures from the Iphone to your email, then use it from there?